Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Touching Base! Part 45

Getting Cracked

Ever had those days where you felt like something was out of alignment? Many are familiar with backs being out of alignment and the discomfort that can bring to the whole body. Some are constantly going to the chiropractor to get cracked back, or snapped back into shape. I always find it amazing when the chiropractor snaps my neck back into alignment. It sounds like someone just set off fireworks in my head. Getting older makes me realize just how much work and care needs to go into keeping this physical house in decent working order.

What is true physically is also true emotionally. There are days where the “tank” feels empty. Possibly the empty “tank” syndrome is because of running fast for a long period of time, or challenging situations that are very draining. Whatever the cause, it can result in waking to a new day and not being sure if you want to face the new day. There are times in my life where I realize I am out of alignment emotionally and I need to get “cracked back” into shape. This is why knowing what fills my tank is incredibly important in order to keep this area of my life aligned.

The most important area for guarding alignment issues is in the area of our walk with God. I find that I must constantly guard the value of being properly aligned with God on a daily basis. There are so many temptations, counterproductive thoughts, and challenging people, and if I let them, they will throw my spiritual alignment out of sync. All it takes is the littlest seed, the smallest word, the quickest glance, a momentary dwelling on a toxic thought to put us out of alignment with the Creator who not only made us but desires to be in fellowship with us. The text in Galatians 5:25 talks about being in alignment:

“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

Each one of us must take responsibility for this all-important area of alignment. If we know something is not right yet do nothing about it, we grieve God and no doubt will manifest a barbed spirit with those with whom we interact. Be sure to get “cracked back” into shape if you know you are not where you are suppose to be. It will save you much pain, heartache and guard you from complex situations that may be very difficult to “uncomplicate”!

Mark

No comments: